WELCOME TO
The Florida Crime Prevention Association
P.O. Box 628 Sebring, FL 33871
321-765-FCPA(3272 )

awards

Awards 2013 - President's Award

Sheriff Ric Bradshaw, Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office

Sheriff Ric Bradshaw

Law enforcement holds a very unique role in society today.  As many know, law enforcement officers wear many different hats while working – police officer, big brother, counselor, social worker and more.  As part of those various roles, those in the law enforcement arena are continuously striving to stay one step ahead of criminals and others who want to take advantage of the nice things people have worked hard to obtain; therefore, crime prevention has evolved over the years and become an essential part of many law enforcement agencies around the country and even the world.

Many hope that in the span of their career as a deputy sheriff or officer that they have administration and leaders in the organizations they work for who believe in and support the core elements of crime prevention, and support those who work for the betterment of all through crime prevention.  I am proud to say not only have I witnessed a leader who possesses all of these things I have mentioned, but I have the honor of calling him my Sheriff – Sheriff Ric Bradshaw.

Over the span of his forty-three years in law enforcement, Sheriff Bradshaw has developed, maintained and continued supporting crime prevention in the law enforcement arena.  Some of those programs include Crime Prevention Officers Association (CPOA), Florida Crime Prevention Association (FCPA), Gang Resistance Education Team (GREAT), and Take 25 of the National Center for Missing and Exploited

Children, Volunteer Assistance Fraud Team (VAST), Citizen’s On Patrol (COP), ASIS Security Networking, Narcotic Overdose Prevention & Education (NOPE), Violence Prevention Programs, Business Partner Against Terrorism (BPAT), Civilian Partner Against Terrorism (CPAT) and more.

In addition to supporting programs himself, one of the key elements of ensuring his deputies succeed as a part of these programs is making sure his staff, department and those involved have the essential tools it takes in order to be successful; therefore, Sheriff Bradshaw funds programs and organizations yearly through the Law Enforcement Trust Fund (LETF).  This fund is comprised of money from seized and forfeited drug money and items that have been auctioned off that were used illegally during the course of a felony.  What better way to utilize that money than to fuel crime prevention programs in order to teach and arm members who work and live in the community how to protect their families and property!

Sheriff Bradshaw continues to be an example among law enforcement leaders in the advancement and support for Crime Prevention.  Many praises and thank you letters arrive at the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office thanking the Sheriff for his continued support, which is amazing to receive from so many road patrol and street level law enforcement professionals.

Due to his determination and continuing efforts to make a difference through Crime Prevention, Sheriff Ric Bradshaw has been awarded the Florida Crime Prevention Association's President's Award.

Chief Deputy Michael Gauger
Chief Deputy Michael Gauger accepting the President's Award on behalf of Sheriff Bradshaw